Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Wearing Green

So I feel like a total ass today.

This morning while running a errand I saw a older woman wearing a shamrock scarf. "HARUMPH!" I said to myself and scoffed at her. "Look at this loser wearing a St. Patrick's day scarf. Clearly she has no friends and is a loser who dresses up for holidays." (Yes, I judged her purely for wearing a holiday scarf).

I end up getting into work and while standing around talking with co-workers, someone says "Oh look! If only Sally had wore green we would all match!" I think to myself, "WTF is this person talking about." I look around and see everyone is wearing green -- then I quickly realize they are doing this because it is St. Patrick's Day -- I then realize that inadvertently put on a green sweater today.

So despite all my efforts to hate on and judge people who dress according to the holiday, I became one of them.


"LOOK AT ME! It's St. Patrick's Day and I am wearing green with all my co-workers to celebrate. We are a really cool bunch. We were red on Valentine's Day and orange for Halloween and we get really crazy and wear RED WHITE AND BLUE on the Fourth of July!"

No comments:

Post a Comment